The First 90 Days of Your Care Plan
Get started today to help manage your diabetes with a personalized online program based on your individual needs. Now that you are starting your diabetes care plan, the Cornerstones4Care® Diabetes Health Coach offers support focused on your first 90 days—that important time when you start a new medicine.
Tell us your diabetes goals to get your own learning and action plan from the Diabetes Health Coach. Your plan will help you:
- See how you're doing as you make healthy changes
- Keep learning about diabetes topics
- Find support every step of the way
Get free, personalized diabetes support, including:
- Certified Diabetes Educator Calls—If eligible, you may receive helpful phone calls from a Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE)
- Meal Planning Tools—Plan and track your meals, and create a menu of tasty, diabetes-friendly dishes
- Diabetes PDFs—Free, educational PDFs designed to help you learn more about diabetes
- Interactive Trackers—Including A1C, weight, and blood sugar tracking tools
As you get into a daily routine, try setting a personal goal for day 90 with the 4 cornerstones of diabetes care in mind:
Your 1-month milestone
By this time, taking your diabetes medicine every day as directed, tracking your blood sugar, and the support you’re receiving from your family, friends, and diabetes care team is helping you stay on track.
Don’t forget to sign up for the Cornerstones4Care® Diabetes Health Coach, which will design your personal diabetes care plan. Diabetes Health Coach offers lots of topics to learn from, helpful tips, and motivational emails. If you haven’t already, register for the Diabetes Health Coach.
And by now, you should also be refilling your monthly prescription.
The 90-day mark: reviewing your routine and planning your next steps
Continue to use the Cornerstones4Care® resources to help stay on track.
Some tips for your next steps:
Reach out to your diabetes care team
- Keep your follow-up visits with your health care provider
- Share progress or issues with your diabetes care team
- Join a diabetes support group or attend a diabetes event in your area
Important to-do list
- Refill your prescriptions before you run out
- Discuss your care plan with your health care provider to see if it can be improved
- Schedule an eye exam and foot exam
- Make an appointment with a behavioral health professional if you are feeling down
- Stay focused on the positives
- Find ways to relax and relieve stress
- Make it a habit to get plenty of sleep each night
- Reward yourself for all your efforts over the past 90 days!